Now that I’ve been CrossFitting for just over 4 years, I feel like I’m finally decent at it. At many points in my journey, I’ve been humbled greatly. But overall the experience has been exciting, exhilarating and flat-out F-U-N. From the early days of looking like a maniac at the Lord’s Gym to now owning my own affiliate, it’s been quit a ride!
Here’s what I’ve learned so far:
1. If it looks easy on paper or on the computer screen, I’m in trouble.
2. Don’t puke in the chalk bucket.
3. Don’t chalk in the puke bucket.
4. Don’t quit.
5. Take a good breath before the start of a metcon, it may be the last one you get for a while.
6. I may “live to WOD,” but the WOD is not my life.
7. In order to succeed, I must fail from time to time.
8. I hate the rower. I’m sure the feeling is mutual.
9. Tall socks make any workout better, especially running.
10. As with just about any endeavor, I will get out of it what I put in. With that in mind, I’ve learned to GO ALL IN!
That’s my list. I’m sure CF will teach me many more things as I continue.
I’d love to hear what you’ve learned from CF? Post your answers in the comments.